Complaint Review: US Xpress

US Xpress
4080 Jenkins Road Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

US Xpress False DAC report/scam outfit Chattanooga, Tennessee

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Quitting

*Author of original report: Methods of quitting

*UPDATE Employee: did you quit

Considering the massive amount of rip off reports on US Xpress, I have to agree with nearly all of the reports.  They knowingly scam many drivers and they simply don't care.  They have their attorneys to scam you further if they can.  It would be good advice to stay away from US Xpress, unless you have street friends to help out when needed.

I'm filing this report because they filed a report with DAC and said I was termed.  Actually, I had quit them.  I fax their HR dept and explaining I quit.  I even turned the truck back in and had the shop forman stamp his seal on the gate pass where I wrote I quit and was returning the truck.  He gladly stamped the gate pass and accepted the truck and my explanation for returning the truck.  It was a little over two weeks later I got a call that said I was termed.  When I asked how is that possible when I already quit two weeks ago, Safety replied they have no notice of quitting.  I filed a complaint with DAC but there was no changes.  I'm not overly concerned because most truck companies know US Xpress operates on the shady side.  I didn't know them and I guess I had expected better of their operating ethics.

Lucky for me, I have friends out of the street who are happy to help out.  It may take a while, but I'm far from finished with these characters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 08:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-Xpress/Chattanooga-Tennessee-37421/US-Xpress-False-DAC-reportscam-outfit-Chattanooga-Tennessee-1037697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US Xpress

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Quitting

AUTHOR: Shane - ()

I quit that company back in March due to the fact that after I started teaming, we were never home on time for our home time. I had an amazing fleet manager who quit shortly after I did because of what the company did to me. However, when I quit, I didn't have any problem with them the both times I did. I quit the first time due to family emergencies but I never got a call saying I was fired, never got charged for truck abandonment or anything. There must have been a hiccup somewhere but I'm going to assume it was cause there was nothing on satcom when you dropped the truck off saying I quit and have a good one.

Methods of quitting

AUTHOR: Dan - ()

In answering your question, I gave notice of quitting to the HR Dept via a fax and a telephone message. I also followed up a telephone conversation to my manager, and gave notice over the phone.  I also dropped off the truck and returned the keys to the truck with a message that said I was quitting.  Usually, when one returns the truck and keys, that should be suffcient enough notice.  Sure, I went the extra steps as I already heard about US Xpress tactics.

I suppose I could have talked with the CEO in person and perhaps chatted about it over lunch, but that didn't happen.

Looking back, I'm still happy to have left.  They can play all the games they like, because I can handle it.

did you quit

AUTHOR: Floyd - ()

how did you quit....? did you just turn in the truck to the shop and write "I QUIT" on the gate pass as you said....?? if thats all you did then NO you didn't tell them (the office) you were quitting