Complaint Review: U.S. birth certificate.com

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ryan — Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
U.S. birth certificate.com
2600 South Gessner Suite 200 Houston, Texas 77063 Houston, Texas United States of America

U.S. birth certificate.com They charged me $118.00 for a birth certificate to arrive in the mail within 2-4 days. Its been 2 weeks now, and I still don't have it! Houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Wrong website

I ordered a birth certificate online (www.usbirthcertificate.com). I filled out their form correctly and faxed it over along with a copy of my drivers license on 1/2/13. Today is 1/14/13 and I still haven't received a birth certificate. I was charged on a debit card $118.00 for this which was way more than I was told it would cost. I asked for the birth certificate to be expedited where I would get it in 2-4 days, but it's 1 day away from being two weeks now, and I still don't have it.

At first they said there wasn't a date on it, and asked me to re-fax it with a date. There was a date on it and I just faxed it back over. Then they said they don't know why someone said they didn't see a date, and they would start the process. Then they said the state needed to charge more money for the expedition process when I already was charged the fee for the expedition process, so that made no sense. So then, I wrote the state an email of what was going on, and all they wrote me was I needed to address this problem through the website I went through. So then, I called the website (www.usbirthcertificate.com) back, and asked the status of my order. They apologized, and told me the certificate was sent out in the mail and that they emailed me a tracking number. After I got off the phone with them I check my email to find nothing. They never emailed me a tracking number. I called them today again now to ask the status of my order, they were unable to tell me anything and said they would call me back at a number I gave them to let me know what was going on. I have waited all day and I did not receive a call back at all or a voice mail.

So I was charged $118.00 on 1/2/13 and still haven't received my birth certificate. I have no idea what's going on. No one is helping me, or calling me back. I paid the fee for expediting the certificate to get it within 2-4 days, and now it's going on 2 weeks! If I would have gone down to the department in my state (MN) to get a new birth certificate, it costs $26 and they print it off right then and there the same day. I only ordered it online as I wasn't in my state at the time and I needed it as soon as possible. I don't know what to do. I will call them again tomorrow like I did today, but they keep telling me they will call me back and they never do.

I have paid $118.00 for a birth certificate I never got. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get all my money refunded back to me. The state says they won't do refunds and the website says all sales are final.

What can or should I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-birth-certificatecom/Houston-Texas-77063/US-birth-certificatecom-They-charged-me-11800-for-a-birth-certificate-to-arrive-in-t-996868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S. birth certificate.com

Wrong website

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

The website you are supposed to use is the Bureau of Vital Statistics specific to your state. In other words, the site you went to is a ripoff site. They are not the official site whatsoever.   Don't use any site but the official government website which does not end in dot com. That's actually one of the methods for determining if an official government website is real or not; if it ends in dot com its fake. The official site will be formatted like this:  doh.state.(your state's name here).us   Time to go order your real birth certificate and cancel the other one to see if you can get your money back. I doubt it.