Complaint Review: US dept of Justice

• Reported By: amanda — Lewisburg Kentucky United States of America
US dept of Justice
170 Park Row New York, New York United States of America

US dept of Justice US dept of Justice Claimed I owed money New York, New York

I have been contacted by phone by a man with a heavy foreign accent and all I can understand is attorney and best of luck. I talked with him today and he claims to be from the US dept of justice and in 2010 I had 300 dollars deposited into my checking account by American Cash Advance. I've never had this type of loan before and when asked for documentation he said if he did that then the judicial process would start and I would be sued in federal court and the amount would go up to 5000 dollars. He gave his address as 170 Park Row New York City 11040. The number he calls from is always different and this time it was 12345678925. I told him I though this was fraud and he invited me to come to New York and he would show me himself. I told him jokingly I would board the next flight out. He kept saying how he was trying to help me and if I didn't accept he wished me the best of luck. What scared me was he had my banking account number and other personal info. I'm closing my checking account in the morning and opening a new one to be safe. I have no idea how they got my info because I've never even had a payday or cash advance loan before or ever inquired about one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 10:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-dept-of-Justice/New-York-New-York-/US-dept-of-Justice-US-dept-of-Justice-Claimed-I-owed-money-New-York-New-York-776951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US dept of Justice