Complaint Review: US passport now

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Carina — Arlington Virginia United States of America
US passport now

US passport now Definitely a Rip Off Internet

US passport now are definitely rip off artists! Unsuspecting consumers who need a passport fast can easily be duped into subscribing to this totally unnecessary service. I needed a passport for my son in order to travel just 6 weeks after his birth in November 2012. After I applied for the expedited service from US Passport Now on line, I realized that they couldnt get the passport quickly enough for us to travel as planned because I needed to submit my sons birth certificate to get the process started. Since the office of vital records was closed for several days between Christmas and New Years, I had to wait before i could get the birth certificate. So I immediately (within a few hours) called to cancel the expedited service. Someone from US Passport Now called me back after Christmas and agreed to process my refund less the $50 non-refundable processing fee. So why is this a rip-off? 1. You can go directly to a passport agency if you are travelling within 2 weeks. I didnt realize that before i subscribed to the service. 2. What is the non refundable processing fee for? Why should you be penalized for attempting to use these people's service especially if you cancel immediately? It shows that they want to make money from NOT providing services vs from providing them which equals a scam in my book. 3. It's been 2 weeks and counting and I still haven't received my refund even though the payment was taken immediately. At least if I am going to be charged a non refundable processing fee, the least they could do is process the refund expeditiously.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/US-passport-now/internet/US-passport-now-Definitely-a-Rip-Off-Internet-993819. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on US passport now