Complaint Review: USA Benefit

• Reported By: Therese — De soto Missouri
USA Benefit
123 Easy Street Phoenix, Arizona USA

USA Benefit Listen to your GUT! Phoenix Arizona

I received a postcard in the mail telling me I was elegible for a $100 gift card at Wal-Mart and Target. All I had to do was call 1-855-548-2653. I don't recall signing up to win anything like this.

I called the number and spoke to a woman with a difficult accent, possibly East Indian. I asked what the company name was; she said, "USA Benefit". I asked, "Where are you?" She said, "Phoenix, AZ." I asked how I became elligible; she said it was because I was a loyal shopper at Walmart or Target and use my Visa or MCard there. (The truth is that I don't shop Target, and only use a MCard on occasion.) She asked my reward claim #. I gave it to her from the postcard.

She said within 4 days I'd receive my gift card but I had to pay a $3.95 activation fee first on a credit card. That's when the bells started going off in my head! I asked if I could just have it deducted from the $100 gift card? She said, "No. The cards are made up ahead of time." I said, "Let me get this straight; I have to pay you so I can get a gift card? That doesn't sound like a gift." I told her I didn't trust this and I'd think about it and maybe call her back. She said that only 25 people are specially selected to receive this gift.

My gut told me that something wasn't right. So I ended the call and started looking up the company to see if it was legit. Yep...another scam.!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 12:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Benefit/Phoenix-Arizona/USA-Benefit-Listen-to-your-GUT-Phoenix-Arizona-1052682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Benefit