dressed

• Updated: Mon, January 07, 2013

• Reported By: Krissa — Red Bluff California United States of America
USA Benefits
unknown Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

USA Benefits solicited my credit card information, offered fraudulent benefit Phoenix, Arizona

I received a missed call message on my cell phone.  I returned the call and received a recording, stating that I was eligible for a $100 "shopping voucher", and to press 1 to speak with someone.

I went ahead and spoke with the person who answered my call.  He identified himself as "Robert" and had a thick east Indian accent.  He told me that I'd been rewarded for shopping with my Visa or Mastercard because I had accumulated 1,603 points.  He asked for the spelling of my name, street address and phone number.  He told me I would be put through to a verification line to receive my confirmation number.

He said I would receive a $100 voucher, which I could spend in any major retailer I liked.  Target, Walmart, Sears, etc...  He had me write down the name of his company "USA Benefit", and noted that they were located in Phoenix Arizona.  He gave me a "JOB ID Number" of 928874, and said my voucher would arrive by postal mail in 4-5 days.

Then he stated I would need to pay $1.95 for shipping and handling of the voucher.  My phone cut off after this, which is great, because that's where I would have hung up anyway.  Obviously a scam.  I see from the other reports here that this company would have gone on to charge my card for $40 or so on a monthly basis.

I went to the BBB for the Phoenix area, and there is no business with this name.  There is a similarly named business "Benefits USA", but they are an insurance company.  No relation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Benefits/Phoenix-Arizona-/USA-Benefits-solicited-my-credit-card-information-offered-fraudulent-benefit-Phoenix-Ar-992948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Benefits