Complaint Review: USA Benefits

• Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: Jlo1 — Westbury New York United States of America
USA Benefits
George Williams Nationwide United States of America

USA Benefits USA Benefits called my house today 1/5/13. USA Benefits tried to rip me off Arizona, Nationwide

USA Benefits called my house today 1/5/13.
I spoke to two men. The first one name was George Williams ID# 19021. He told me that I won a $100 dollar gift card and that I could use it anywhere. I asked him what was the catch and he said "there is no catch, all you have to do is give a one time fee of $3.90. That didn't sound so bad. After he finished talking to me he said he will link me to his senior verification mange named Austin. Austin told me I willanswer yes three times to an automated line who will just verify my  name, address, card #, and telepone number.

This is the catch, magazine fees of 39.95 will be billed to my card each month and 19.49 for something else, and $19.95 for someting else. I answered no and George got on the line again and he said if I have to say yes just to get the card and only when I receive the verification number could I cancel. Well he lied to me because when he linked me back to the automated service, it was offering me more things to be billed to my card and she did give a verification number but it was a phone number and the number was said so fast that I missed the four last numbers. When I tried to call the
(516) 453-5593 number back, it said if you want to speak to a live representative press 2, when I pressed 2 the inbox was full. Then I tried to call the two toll free #'s and It said call M-F from 9-5. We'll then Why were they calling me on a Saturday then. Any way they thought that they scammed me but what I did was cancel my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Benefits/nationwide/USA-Benefits-USA-Benefits-called-my-house-today-1513-USA-Benefits-tried-to-rip-me-off-A-991827. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Benefits