Complaint Review: USA Card Services

• Submitted: Wed, March 08, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, March 08, 2006

• Reported By:Rochester Minnesota
USA Card Services
14131 Midway Road Addison, Texas U.S.A.

USA Card Services ripoff website business inoperable scam credit card machine lease Addison Texas

USA Card Services scammed me into a 4-year LEASE agreement for a $450 credit card processing machine March of 2005. They would show me exactly how to setup a website business on the internet and how I would then be able to accept credit card payments over the internet as long as I had the credit card machine and processor.

I thought that we would have to type in the credit card information into this machine for each order through the website. They did not make it clear to me that we did NOT have to do this. I was under the impression the reason we got the credit card machines was that we would have to do every order by hand and that the "gateway" would just allow us to USE credit cards for our website. This is what "I" understood Keith's explanation to mean.

I was scammed into leasing this $450 machine which is totally unnecessary to run an online business through a website. The ECX gateway and BANKARD payments are what allow us to use credit card payments on the websites ... so instead of just paying hosting fee and the ECX/BANKARD's $30, we're paying $139/month. I was told by Keith Hunn (sales rep I talked with in March 2005) that I would never pay more than $139.00 for the entire 4 years. But, boy- when that contract showed up, it says $159 after the first year and by then, it's already "supposedly" signed. I really don't even have a signed copy of this contract either.

They told us they would help us step-by-step to get everything set up and said how easy it was to use their program - which, again, told you STEP-BY-STEP how to do this stuff. That was wrong - after 2 months time of asking questions, my website still wasn't set up the way I wanted it and they were no longer answering my e-mails in a very timely manner. After awhile, I just stopped e-mailing them as I never received an answer.

They told me "If you don't make money, we don't make money," so that is why we will help you get set up as soon as possible so everyone can start making money. Well, that didn't happen!

John Brutsche of USA Card Services said he would cancel my account with both ECX and Bankard but could not cancel the 4-year lease agreement for the "unnecessary" credit card machine because that's Global Tech Leasing/LADCO's lease. But when you talk with Global Tech, they say it has to come from USA Card Services - I think this is what is called a "run-around?"

I also want to mention the companies in partnership with USA Card Services are: Global Tech Leasing, LADCO, Colony One, E-Commerce Exchange, Bankard.

Sherry
Rochester, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2006 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Card-Services/Addison-Texas-75001/USA-Card-Services-ripoff-website-business-inoperable-scam-credit-card-machine-lease-Addiso-179984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Card Services