Complaint Review: USA Chat Lines

• Submitted: Tue, May 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: Lily — Kissimmee Florida United States of America
USA Chat Lines

USA Chat Lines USA Live Chat Company did not pay me at all for any of the calls I took for them. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: you are full of it

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: A crappy company by any other name is still a crappy company

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: My point exactyly

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Usa Chatline

*UPDATE Employee: Over all Good Company

*UPDATE Employee: USA live Chat

*Author of original report: Finally received payment

I answered alot of calls from this company on April 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th & 12th, 2012 some of which were for 22 to 25 minutes and they have not paid me yet. When I added up the minutes of my calls based on the amount they pay per minute then I was due at least $50 or more for all of the calls I took however, they will not pay me and now will not respond to my emails.

I was once able to look up my minutes on their website but now they have blocked my account so that I can not review my minutes and I can not get thru to anyone on the phone or by email now. The only email I received back from them was one stating that I took less then a quarter of the calls I actually took and that I was owed $4.14. That is absolutely outrageous, I am furious over this because I am on my own and need extra money desperately as I am unable to make it with what my current job pays me and have no help so I paid for a phone line and phone to work for this company and they are now not going to pay me.

It isnt right and I see on the internet that I am not the only one they have done this to. I want to take action against this company. With the calls I took I can only imagine how much money I made for them because they charge quadruple per minute what they actually say they pay out (I believe they make $3.99 - 6.99 per minute and only pay out .10 to .40 cents per minute depending on how long you keep the person on the phone)

I kept some on the phone for 22-25 minutes which should have been .40 cents per minute and took calls on 7 differnet nights at least 10 to 20 calls a night and did not received payment at all. If anyone can give me some advice or help me to pursue this matter further, please contact me as I will not be able to let this issue go until this company pays for what they have done to people. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me with this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 08:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Chat-Lines/internet/USA-Chat-Lines-USA-Live-Chat-Company-did-not-pay-me-at-all-for-any-of-the-calls-I-took-f-876509. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Chat Lines

you are full of it

AUTHOR: evilchiapet - ()

This company I have worked for on and off for years I always get paid every week this person did not take enough calls to make the requirement to receive rge $25 they only pay after you make $25 it is in the  contract you sign when you first start. very very sad actually the people here are great and amazing people to work for

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

A crappy company by any other name is still a crappy company

AUTHOR: teleplayusasucks - ()

This company is still ripping psos off...but now under the name Teleplayusa.I myself caught their dispatchers calling me and hanging up to decrease my average hold time within an hour of logging in the very first day!I should have known they were shady when the introductory emails link to payment information was broken.I wanted to share because the new name does not reveal any search results about complaints....that has to be fixed!!

#3 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

My point exactyly

AUTHOR: rednot1 - ()

My point exactly now they want you to have an average of 6mins. hold time. Even with that they still do not want to pay the contractors. It's senseless to work for Usa chatlines as they have changed their name now to Telepay usa. I wonder why? I guess because they have alot of complaints and bad reviews. They are deceiver's in my book. Personally I don't care what anyone says or thinks about USA chat. They literally are out for themselves.

If you make anything over $100.00 they do not want to pay. They will find some form of trickery to so, you will not get that  amount  every week. In the beginning when I used to work for them seven years ago. They weren't this money hungry but now they are ridiculous with it.I wpuld rather work for another company than for these scammers!!!

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Usa Chatline

AUTHOR: 5015 Linden Rd - ()

Sorry to inform you but you should've done your homework on this company. I should have done mine also,this is a terrible pso company to ever work for!!! First, of all they have someone (in the company) call you and hang up to downsize your minutes. They do this so they do not have to pay you the amount that you've actually earned. The ownwer or someone used to call me everday once I've reached my 10mins. or more calls and hang up. This happened until I finally snapped on them about this tactic. I was averaging 50 calls per day with a hold time of 40 cents or more. So when a person calls you continiously and hangs up it lowers your hold time. Another thing about this terrible company is that. They do not want to pay you for your work!!!!. It took me 2 whole months just to receive my two paychecks I was due..  I wouldn't advise anyone to work for this deceiving scammy and money hogging company ever!!!

Over all Good Company

AUTHOR: Tcalli0804 - ()

I have been working for Usa chatlines as a pso for about 2 months now. I have recieved payments as i was suppost to, and am actually makeing pretty good money for just keeping my phonelines open and taking calls. on average i make about 100.00 a week, and i don't even work often. I do have an average hold time of 20 minutes. I have recommended this company to alot of people.

USA live Chat

AUTHOR: Alias - (United States of America)

I work for USA live chat now, and they are a good company and the only company that even have calls coming in to make money. To my understanding as of 7/18/2012 you have to have 250 minutes with and average hold time of 6 minutes or you won't get paid, and they only do direct deposit. I think it's bill sh*t the you have to be on an average of 6 mintues, because I feel like we work and we deserve to get paid no matter what, and it shouldn't f**king matter.

Finally received payment

AUTHOR: Lily - (United States of America)

I was finally paid by this company. They said there was an error in their system. I am glad I finally got paid what I earned and hope others dont go thru what I went thru. I can say this is not a bad company to work for as long as they are a little bit better at keeping their system up to date and avoiding erros like this in the future. Advice I can give to people who want to work for this company is to print out your IC minutes and keep track yourself so you can make sure the company pays you exactly what you earn.. I would like to work for this company again but dont think it will be a good idea based on the heck I stirred up with them via emails about them not paying me.