Complaint Review: USA DISCOUNTERS

• Submitted: Fri, July 16, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, July 16, 2010

• Reported By: Angry Bar-taker — Takoma Park Maryland United States of America
USA DISCOUNTERS
P.O. Box 8008, 3320 Holland Road Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

USA DISCOUNTERS Rude, Incompetent Workers from bottom up. Virginia Beach, Virginia

I have been a customer with USA Discounters since September 2007. Though, their prices are atronomically high, I have always paid on time thru automatic deduction on the 8th and 22nd of the month (corresponding with my pay dates).
Until I began dealing with another location, things were fine. I called the collections department in early May and spoke to the supervisor Mr. Fayton about temporarily suspending my automatic deduction until after my bar exam studies because I would be out of work. I wanted to mail the payments in myself and not worry while studying.

I spoke with him after speaking with a very rude agent, Beverley DeHaven (separate complaint). Mr. Fayton informed me he could work with me. He stated that I was one month ahead in payments and he would suspend my payment for 30 days (the month of May).
On june 8th, 2010, my payments through automatic deduction resumed. I called about that because I wanted to pay by mail or go in to the DC office to make a payment. So, I asked could I make a payment by mail or going in person on June 22.
Ms. DeHaven at that time stated that my account was up to date. She never, even in being rude, stated that I was delinquent.
On June 14, I received a letter from Ms. DeHaven dated June 8, 2010, stating that I was delinquent as of June 1, 2010 for $196.89. I called that evening (June 14, 2010)and spoke to a rep. named Tanya. Tanya noted that my account was current and there was no problem. I also received a letter saying I was trying to avoid them. Really?? I had always paid on time and am afraid to death of poor credit marks because once you pass the bar, your character and credit comes into play.

I emailed Beverley DeHaven on June 17, 2010 about the letter and to make sure that I was current. Again, I didn't want any problems while studying. Ms. DeHaven sends me an email in all caps stating that I am delinquent and from this point on, I will be charged monthly late fees from this point forward. Why?? I was told I was one month ahead (according to her supervisor, who suddenly didn't remember telling me that)and my June 8th payment came out. I called the company and asked not to speak to her because of her rudeness. I left a message on a voicemail I was put through to. Ms. DeHaven calls me back, speaking loudly. She tries to tell me the what all caps imply vs. an exclamation point? Seriously?

I ask her can we just talk about my account and why I wasn't told on the 8th that I was delinquent. Her reply "You didn't ask." She then proceeded to say that people only assume she's rude when they can't pay their accounts on time. I told her she was very nasty and I have never dealt with anyone like her before. She then hangs up on me.
I call back and speak to Mr. Fayton. He gets very confused and says he doesn't recall telling me that I was one month ahead. He said maybe 1/2 and that I should have resumed payments on the 22nd of May. He kept mixing up his words and wouldn't talk about his rude employee.He said he'd do an audit of my account to see if I was one month ahead.

Now, again I have never been late in almost 3 years and paid off my livingroom furniture. When I purchased a bedroom set, I had the most problems. Bed being put together wrong, handles not put of dresser drawers, delivery crew high. It took almost a whole month for that to be corrected and yet, I was never late. Now I am being lied to and hung up on?
I feel that I am being deceived. The interest rates and fees are already high. Why would I risk being late or not pay to have other fees added. How can I be charged late fees on upcoming payments? I need help and swift justice because I don't need this while studying. I also don't need this to aggrevate my trigeminal neuralgia...the worst pain known to mankind and that is what USA Discounters is doing.
Beverley DeHaven should NOT work with the public!! Very nasty and unprofessional!!!! Mr. Fayton just brushes it off.

I filed a complaint with the Norfolk BBB. Not very helpful. Maybe it's because they get funded by these companies.

After seeking further explanation about my due date, late fees,etc. which the regional manager tried to explain in her response; she responded in a discourteous tone. So it appears this type of unprofessionalism is accepted within the company. So NEVER do business with them. Save your money, put items on layaway, buy off craigslist until you establish credit!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2010 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-DISCOUNTERS/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-/USA-DISCOUNTERS-Rude-Incompetent-Workers-from-bottom-up-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-623754. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA DISCOUNTERS