Complaint Review: USA Discounters

• Submitted: Sun, February 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 13, 2008

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
USA Discounters
3320 Holland Rd Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

USA Discounters Nothing but lies and deception from Virginia Beach Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: OH They got me too

*Consumer Suggestion: OH They got me too

*Consumer Comment: OH They got me too

My wife (who was 8 months pregnant at the time) and I, went to the store looking for a new bed. And I am in the military myself. After looking around and finding a bed that we liked. Then we started talking about figures.

Then the manager (Mike) started laying paperwork out in front of us. As reluctant as I was. My only real mistake was I'm a serious impulse buyer.

They said that they would deliver the bed to us in a couple of days. We agreed and then we left. Later that evening Mike called us and told us that the bed was sold while he was talking to us and it was their last one, but they had another at the Newport News store. And asked if that would be fine.

The red flags should have been flying then. about a week later when we finally recieved the furniture and the movers set it up in my room. I noticed the the bed and dresser was damaged. Very unhappy I called Mike and told him to come and pick up the bed.

He said he was sorry and asked if he were to take some of the price off if we would keep the bed and dresser. He said he would take off about $800. I agreed.

I asked for it in writing and he said I would have to call their customer service dept. for it. I called them several times and either didn't get ahold of them or just got the runaround.

Mike finally told me that the discount has allready went through and he was looking at it as we were speaking. Several months later I was thinking about paying of the account and called to get a payoff balance.

The amount they told me just didn't make any sense. So I started asking questions, and as it would seem the discounts never made it to my account. So I then contacted Mike who "surprise" didn't have any recollection of ever talking to me. Or agreeing to give me any discount. In fact he looked at his notes on his computer and the only thing he had on there was that he spoke to my wife and she was beligerant. Another lie.

So in other words he told me that it was my word against his and there was no proof of what I was saying. Also I told him no wonder they were on the military black list. And he was the only one being beligerant.

It is down right disgusting that there are companies as this one that would treat our military members this way. But there are young men and women out there that have no choice but to go to them. And these companies like this one will take full advantage of them. Only advice I can give is.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2008 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Discounters/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/USA-Discounters-Nothing-but-lies-and-deception-from-Virginia-Beach-Virginia-311574. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Discounters

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Nick2816 - (U.S.A.)

It was back in 06 I wanted a tv from USA dicounters. I thought that I was getting a good deal at only 100 dollars a month. The take advantage of younger soldiers and hit them with astonomical intrest rates, no matter what kind of credit history they have. I cant belive the American people let these crooks sta in busniess. I decided to get out of the military, when i did USA discounters froze my bank account!!!!! you belive that. I missed a few payments, but who doesnt.. Its been 72 hours and i cant even buy milk for my newborn baby. Im about one day away from making a example out of these people. PLEASE NEVER DO BUSNIESS WITH THESE PEOPLE

#2 Consumer Suggestion