Complaint Review: USA Locksmith

• Submitted: Wed, September 24, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, November 10, 2008

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
USA Locksmith
6087 Roswell Road Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

USA Locksmith Over charged me for basic auto entry service Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Suggestion: Different experience

I locked my keys in my truck and called different locksmiths around the area. The average rate seemed to be around $75 for this type of service. I called USA Locksmith and they quoted me $40.00 plus the cost of labor.

Naturally, I went with USA Locksmith as their quote seemed to give me the best chance for a good deal.
The locksmith tech arrived and began working. I timed him and it took him around 20 minutes to complete the job.

When I got the final bill, it was $160.00! Thats a huge jump from $40.00 "plus labor".
Do not use USA Locksmith if you are anywhere in the North Atlanta/Sandy Springs area.

Blake
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2008 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Locksmith/Atlanta-Georgia-30328/USA-Locksmith-Over-charged-me-for-basic-auto-entry-service-Atlanta-Georgia-375678. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Locksmith

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Tonyallen - (U.S.A.)

I would have to disagree. besides the wait which was over 40 minutes, the service and price were not bad at all. I actually spoke with the customer service rep and she politely explained that locksmith would likely be running late because he was currently on a job near my location. When he arrived he repeated the same quote that i was told over the phone, 55 for service plus 65 for lockout labor. I thought it was a little odd to charge $65 for a simple lockout but I needed to get inside my apartment and the price was not different than my original quote so it was my choice to go along with the service.

#2 Consumer Suggestion