• Report: #209690

• Submitted: Wed, September 06, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, December 13, 2006

• Reported By:Beavercreek Ohio
USA Mobility, Arch Wireless
usamobility.com Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A.

USA Mobility, Arch Wireless Unwilling to resolve complaints; dragging their feet on crediting our account several hundred dollars Ripoff Alexandria Virginia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Company Heading in The Wrong Direction

We have a business account with USA Mobility but hopefully will switch soon to another pager company. Beginning in December of 2005 we repeatedly contacted our account rep to disconnect several pagers we were no longer using. Finally I called customer support and by our June 06 bill the pagers had been disconnected.

However, the company still has not credited us the few hundred dollars for those months of being charged for pagers we were no longer using and had documented proof of having asked to disconnect.

To date, I continue to get the run-around every time I call for an update on our account. The only communication they initiate is the monthly bill, which we cannot pay until they correct it.

My hope is that, by becoming more verbal about their company's dealings, we can motivate them to correct the problem.

Esther
Beavercreek, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2006 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Mobility-Arch-Wireless/Alexandria-Virginia-22306/USA-Mobility-Arch-Wireless-Unwilling-to-resolve-complaints-dragging-their-feet-on-credit-209690. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Mobility, Arch Wireless

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Company Heading in The Wrong Direction

AUTHOR: Rene - (U.S.A.)

I can easily relate to the complaint about your billing issue. I was an employee for USA Mobility for 8 years ( we were first PageNet, then merged with Arch Wireless, and now USA Mobility), the company is now a reseller for Sprint-Nextel, and it seems that most of their revenue is generated by reselling these products.

Their core business is the paging and two-way text messaging, however, the company has adopted a policy of "sell Sprint, and send existing paging customers to the call center with their issues". I did not agree with this policy, and as a result decided to move on.

On more than one ocassion my Sales Manager in So. Florida asked me to cancel appointments with existing paging customers in need of help, to cold call on the telephone for Sprint business.

I hope that by now your billing issue has been resolved.