Complaint Review: USA Movers & Storage

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jessica — Pasadena Maryland United States of America
USA Movers & Storage
Rockville, Maryland United States of America

USA Movers & Storage US MOVERS (AKA RIPOFF COMPANY!) Scammers! Liars! Stealers! Sneaky moving company!!!! Rockville, Maryland

These people were very smooth talkers on the phone.  I was told they could keep my total cost under $200.  We (my boyfriend and I) had to put a $100 deposit down, which was fine, that was to be taken off the total cost.

The day of the move, I got a call from the so called "MANAGER" stating he emailed me a contract then 5 minutes later, a knock on my door with the movers there!  They told me we had a 15 minute time limit to sign papers before the actual "start time" which ran over 20 minutes because of arguing with "hidden costs".

They refused to change the time.  They did 87 minutes (almost an hour an a half) of work and stated they only charge by the hour!  NOT STATED in the initial phone consultation.  When they finished going back and forth on the phone (very unprofressionallly) with the manager CARLOS, they finally started and when we were at the new house and all moved in, they showed me a contract of $456....umm waaaaay over $200.  They agreed to charge me for ONE couch wrap and ONE TV wrap...but on the contract, I was charged for 6 rolls of tape also at $6 a piece (there is an extra $36 right there).

At the end, I signed the credit card receipt for $200 after 30 minutes of arguing with CARLOS the manager.  Then my credit card showed a $400 charge with a $100 credit from the initial deposit...where is my $100 discount.  I am now fighting them through my credit card company and this will probably escalate to court.  A WASTE OF MY TIME!

**Do NOT use these people, they are a HUGE rip off and good at scamming! **

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 07:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Movers-Storage/Rockville-Maryland-/USA-Movers-Storage-US-MOVERS-AKA-RIPOFF-COMPANY-Scammers-Liars-Stealers-Sneaky-mov-1017218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Movers & Storage