Complaint Review: USA Moving and Storage

• Updated: Thu, June 20, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie G. — Fredericksburg Virginia
USA Moving and Storage
Internet USA

USA Moving and Storage , US Movers, Pro Movers, Cortez, Gabby(male) Brittney, Carlos BAIT AND SWITCH! SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! SCAMMERS!!! Internet

I will start off by saying this is THE WORST experience of my life!  I gave these guys a call and spoke with Cortez and he assured me that his team was professional and that there were no hidden fees, they don't charge for mileage, they load and unload...etc

I gave a $100 deposit and scheduled an appointment for a Saturday @ 9am because I had other business to handle.  I received a call @ 8:30 saying they were having truck problems and would be late, angry, I needed to reschedule an appt that I had so I was unable to answer the phone when the man Gabby called me back.  I returned his call 3 minutes later and he informed me that the movers were going to another job!!! WHAT!?

They finally arrived @ 6:30 PM!!!! I was forced to sign papers because I had to have my things out of the house, I asked to speak with Cortez and was told he was not at work, I attempted to argue the point in the contract I did not agree with and was told by the driver they couldn't start until I signed the documents. I was afraid, so I signed!  I should have called the POLICE!!!

Upon arrival to my new place, the Driver "NICK" said he needed payment and pulled out a bill of lading for $841!!!! I nearly passed out!  I told him I wasn't paying that amount because it was not what I agreed to!  He told me he would be in the truck with my belongings awaiting payment, that he didn't want to do this job in the first place because he was traveling from Silver Springs MD!  I was told the movers were from my area in Fredericksburg!  They charged me $235 in packing materials for tape and blankets and shrink wrapping my mattress and box spring!  GTFOH!

They charged me for additional hours of travel, for a 16 min drive from "A" to "B" Mileage (masked as a fuel charge) "packing and unpacking" I am a female it was late they were 3 men...I paid and got my stuff off that truck he made me sign all this stuff, I was in tears by the time it was said and done!  I am disputing the charges with my bank!

Save yourself the time and headache of dealing with these sleazy, dishonest people!  We should start a class action suit against these lying pigs!

Stephanie Fredericksburg, VA

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Moving-and-Storage/internet/USA-Moving-and-Storage-US-Movers-Pro-Movers-Cortez-Gabbymale-Brittney-Carlos-BAIT-1060724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Moving and Storage