Complaint Review: USA People Search

• Reported By: anyjay — Henrico Virginia United States of America
USA People Search

USA People Search Billed for no info promised Internet

*Author of original report: USA People Search Resolved

In a million years I never thought that USA People Search would be the rip off it is. After all, they are all over the internet and tv and have been for decades.  It really makes them seem to be on the up and up, right?  Wrong.

I clicked on their 'reverse phone look up' after reading that it would supply me with the owner's name and address.  Then I entered my credit card number for a one time charge and waited for the confirmation.  The email of confirmation came and I logged onto the site and clicked on 'view' results of my inquiry.  What do you think was there:  The EXACT same info for that phone number that was already listed all over the internet for free.  No owner name, no address, nothing.

USA People Search specifically says they will supply the information for any phone, listed, unlisted, landline, cellphone, and report the owner's name and address.  In fact, they proclaim this on a number of pages.  Do not believe it.  I see by others' reports that the same thing happened to them.  Rip off.

I sent them an email of complaint and said they should be reported, and so this is what I'm doing.  If they have any integrity, they will reply to my email and cancel the charge, but I'll bet they don't.

Beware of USA People Search!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/27/2012 11:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-People-Search/internet/USA-People-Search-Billed-for-no-info-promised-Internet-947756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA People Search

USA People Search Resolved

AUTHOR: anyjay - (United States of America)

I want to give credit where credit is due.  After much discussion with the billing dept of usapeoplesearch, they removed the charge, i.e. credited my credit card for the amount they originally charged me.  I am pleased with this, but still stand by my words of beware of this company.  Their promises of what they will supply is not even close to accurate, so think long and hard before you "click" to use them.  As for me, never again.