Complaint Review: USA Platinum - USABENEFIT - USA Credit - Commonwealth Marketing Group (CMG)

• Submitted: Fri, September 17, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 17, 2004

• Reported By:Anaheim California
USA Platinum - USABENEFIT - USA Credit - Commonwealth Marketing Group (CMG)
One Millennium Drive Uniontown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

USA Platinum - USABENEFIT - USA Credit - Commonwealth Marketing Group (CMG) ripoff Fraud, Scam, Unethical, Thievery Uniontown Pennsylvania

This USABENEFIT company has attempted to take money from my checking account on two separate occasions. The first attempt was, of course, unexpected and as such, the funds were insufficient (or so that is what they have told me). At no time did I ever apply for this credit card.

On the same day they attempted to hi-jack my checking account, I also received an email confirming receipt of my "enrollment" money and telling me that my packet would arrive in the mail shortly.

It has been approximately one month since that time, and I have never received any notice from USA Credit/USABenefit that my funds were insufficient; nor did I ever receive any "packet" from them. Consequently, they attempted to hi-jack my account again, at which time I was actually able to get through to their office and speak to someone about the problem.

The information they had on file for me was inaccurate in that they had my current home address (at which I had only resided for 5 days and did not have internet access on the date they allege I enrolled), had a telephone number which I had changed 2 months prior to that time, and had my birthday wrong.

They gladly cancelled my account, but refused to refund my money. Said I would have to file a police report, which I am doing next. The next thing I did was immediately contact my bank and stopped their attempted hi-jack of my money.

Anaheim, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2004 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Platinum-USABENEFIT-USA-Credit-Commonwealth-Marketing-Group-CMG/Uniontown-Pennsylvania-15401/USA-Platinum-USABENEFIT-USA-Credit-Commonwealth-Marketing-Group-CMG-ripoff-Fraud-108946. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Platinum - USABENEFIT - USA Credit - Commonwealth Marketing Group (CMG)