• Report: #920792

• Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: Carole — Clovis California United States of America
USA Relocation Inc
18375 Ventura Blvd. , Ste. 511 Tarzana, California United States of America

USA Relocation Inc USA Relocation & Storage Rip Off - Should Read All Reviews Before Using This Company Tarzana, California

I requested a quote from this company and securged a reservation for July 20th. I was quoted for a one bedroom first at $900 and/or $1340 for a large one-bedroom to move from Foster City to Clovis, CA. I specifically asked if the truck would be empty and only for my items and it was confirmed that it would be.

I was contacted a few days prior to my move to be told that the truck would be delayed and the movers would not arrive until late afternoon. I said this would be unacceptable and that I had scheduled my move well in advance and it would need to be done first thing in a morning. I rescheduled for July 21.

The movers arrived at 8:30 am on the 21st and began but told me that numerous things needed to be packed in addition to what I had been quoted. I was shown a white weigh certificate w/the weight of the truck. About an hour or so later I went downstairs to put something in my car and saw that the truck was 2/3 full and not with my items. My belongings were being staged on the ground in front of the truck. I weNt upstairs and expressed my concern to the foreman (crew of 3) and was told my items would fit in the small space and the weight of the other items would be deducted from the weight of my belongings.

At 4:15 p.m. the movers were still trying to close the back of the truck. My box springs, a wardrobe and an ice chest had to literally be tethered to the exterior of the truck along w:their dollies, etc. At 6:30 p.m. we were at the weigh station an hour and a half away in Westley, CA. I was told my items weighed in excess of 6,000 lbs and that my total would be $3177 for the move. I was planning on paying no more than $600 at the time for the required 60% due at that time. When I told the foreman I did not have that amount at the time and did not agree that my items weighed 6,000 plus pounds he told me that he could leave my items there at the truck stop or return them to the point of pick up. I paid apportion by credit card and wrote a check for the remainder of the 60% but told him I wouldn't have the money in the bank until my next check. He said I would need to do what I could to get it because they were going to deposit it within a few days.

My items are in storage at this time but attempts to speak e/a higher level of management have all been thwarted. Each time I have called I have gotten clerical employees and one rude supervisor, David, who as of this week was promoted to "general manager" and is the only managerial person I can speak to. As of yesterday when I told them I stopped payment on my check until this issue is resolved I was told that they could take $700 off my total for excess weight but that I would still be paying an overall of $2400 w/balance in certified check upon delivery.

I asked that my items be reweighed in a separate truck/decertified. Apparently this is not favored by the company. They only came down on the price after I told them I had moved from Hawaii and my items had not weighed near what they are stating. I hope to get this issue resolved and am checking to find a corporate manager to do so. This company needs to be sued and if anyone is interested I would gladly be the one to step up to generate a class action lawsuit for damages and their obvious fraudulent activity.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Relocation-Inc/Tarzana-California-91356/USA-Relocation-Inc-USA-Relocation-Storage-Rip-Off-Should-Read-All-Reviews-Before-Using-920792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Relocation Inc