• Report: #152044

Complaint Review: USA SHOPPING CLUB

• Submitted: Mon, August 01, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2005

• Reported By:dayton Ohio
usashoppingclub.com Uniontown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

USA SHOPPING CLUB SCAM, Took $149.95, very diffIcult time getting refund, DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH, now say they will send refund check but are keeping $10.00 for processing fee, ripoff Uniontown Pennsylvania

July 6 signed up for USA Shopping Club with 7500.00 limit, GREAT, right. W R O N G!!! They charged me 149.95 fee (I notice other complaintants fees were different amounts, hmmm).

As soon as I realized something was wrong, because I still had not received my "Welcome Package" 2-1/2 weeks later and received no more emails from them, and after the money was taken out of my account, so I called them, after being on hold and transferred to three different people over 45 minutes, I finally got a very difficult to deal with customer service rep.

She tried everything she could to not refund the money. Finally, after my husband had to get on the line, she would no longer talk with me at all (I was very civil still at this point but getting frustrated) unfortunately, my husband agreed to a refund of only $139.00 by check by snail mail.

they said they charge $10.00 for processing fees... Supposedly it is impossible for them to refund the money back into the account in which they took it out. I am sure this "refund check" will never arrive in our mailbox. What recourse do we have???

Normally if you sign up for a service and cancel it you receive a refund for the entire amount and it is returned usually how it was paid, if in cash you receive cash, if taken out of an account it is replaced in the same manner. I am very worried about this refund.

The customer rep tried saying that the fee has not processed completely through their banking system. What in the world could that possibly mean, especially when my banking records show that it was cleared on 07/15/2005???

Beware of this company. They try to make you very frustrated and I really think them putting you on hold so much for such long periods of time are another one of their many ploys to steal and launder money.

dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2005 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-SHOPPING-CLUB/Uniontown-Pennsylvania-15401/USA-SHOPPING-CLUB-SCAM-Took-14995-very-diffIcult-time-getting-refund-DIFFICULT-TO-DEA-152044. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA SHOPPING CLUB