Complaint Review: USA-Serve

• Updated: Mon, August 22, 2011

• Reported By: JenPI2 — Salem Oregon United States of America
USA-Serve
PO Box 254 Mickleton, New Jersey United States of America

USA-Serve Michael A. Cannon, President A techinical support service for legitimate process servicing companies Mickleton, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Truthful Facts Here

*Author of original report: This company does not provide professional business practices.

This company has never done process service.  By registering free on-line with them, you simply fill out a form. Once you complete that form, they claim you will begin to receive requests, via email, with process serving assignments in your area. They claim you don't have to send any invoices as their system will generate a check to you automatically on a bi-weekly basis and send them out.

Well, I signed up nearly 3 years ago and never received any emails.  I had long forget about them until about 3 months ago when I got an email from USA-SERVE. So much time had passed and I had no business dealings from them before, I was not familar with how to get the "folder" (documents) so, I called the 888 number on their site and talked with the VP of the company, who answered the phone. She explained how to download the documents and then print them.  However, I was looking on how to adjust my rates, which had gone up in the past two years, but, I saw that there was no indication of where my rates could be adjusted on their site and so I told this VP that my rates had changed and she simply repeated I could go into the site and update my mileage information.

So, the documents were printed and my server left to drive an hour north and then back to serve. While he was out, I continued to search how to change my information (rates). He completed the serve and was on his way back to the office. Meanwhile, I am still trying to figure out how to change my rates. I noticed the site only allows you to change your Login User Name, password, address, company name, phone, etc... When you try to change your prices, I was BLOCKED.

Therefore, I again called the VP back and she said, "... oh you can't change your rates only your mileage in which you are willing to travel." Well, as we all know by now, I was not going to be paid appropriately for this serve. What they were going to pay me didn't even cover the cost of gas one way to the location. They refused my invoice and stated I had an "agreement" with them.  They are a rip off and I want all my fellow colleaques to know that they are a rip off and to stay clear of them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2011 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Serve/Mickleton-New-Jersey-08056/USA-Serve-Michael-A-Cannon-President-A-techinical-support-service-for-legitimate-process-743587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA-Serve

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Truthful Facts Here

AUTHOR: Michael Cannon - (United States of America)

We have an automated system and allow our servers to adjust various information in their profile but only display the pricing they agreed to when they register online with us. Being automated we cannot allow pricing to be changed without our approval. The process of events which actually occurred here are quite different than described and the notification on the price increase was only made after the service was willingly accepted and completed. As stated the current pricing agreed to is displayed and available to view within ones online account and all orders must be accepted by the individual online. We never recived any calls regarding any price changes until after service was accepted and completed.  This individual was notified that she could reduce the coverage area to avoid being notified on future orders that fall outside the range that could be covered for the price agreed. This has also gone to arbitration with the New Jersey Attorney General's office and we provided all of the facts and the case was closed.

This company does not provide professional business practices.

AUTHOR: JenPI2 - (United States of America)

This newly founded company of only 2 and a half years does not have professional business practices.  They block a "vendor" from allowing price and/or rate increases, and will not pay you for your time, gas or serve, they are a rip off.  Pleae beware not to do business with them.