Complaint Review: USA Truck

• Reported By: rnivens — west sac California United States of America
USA Truck
3200 Industrial Park Rd Van Buren, Arkansas United States of America

USA Truck Cheats your miles, steals your money Van Buren, Arkansas

I was recruited in July 2009 by USA Truck. I took a 4 day miserable bus ride from Sacramento CA to Van Buren Ar. Worst 4 days of my life. After a 4 day joke of an orientation, I found out the truck assigned to me was in North Carolina. I was told I would get my pay rate, .34 per mile for the bus ride. Another 3 days on a bus and I was only paid for 812 miles. It was actually over 100 miles the way the bus route went. That was clue number 1. I have been driving for 23 years. From my very first load, they cheated my miles. I have a GPS and it calculates the fastest and most efficient route. For a trip 500 miles or less they will cheat you about 50 miles. A trip of 500 to 1000 miles they will cheat you about 100 miles. A trip over 1000 miles, which is rare, they will cheat you about 150 miles. They try and keep all loads under 700 miles because they make more on the short loads. You will be lucky to even get 2000 miles a week, usually around 1500 miles a week.

Now, when you quit this rip off company, they will not give you your escrow or your last check. I had to go through the Arkansas Labor Dept. in Little Rock. A woman named Sheila their proved everything they said was a lie and made them pay me every penny they were stealing from me. Over the eight bull s@#t months I worked for them I talked to dozens of other ex employees who never did get their escrow or last check.

Also, you will be asked to do unsafe things. Example, I had a blowout in Stockton CA. and they wanted me to drive 20 miles in heavy traffic with chunks of tire flying off rather than spend the money for road service. If you are a new driver they will scam you into doing these things until you lose your license and then they will fire you. Do not drive for this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2010 09:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Truck/Van-Buren-Arkansas-72956/USA-Truck-Cheats-your-miles-steals-your-money-Van-Buren-Arkansas-656521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Truck