Complaint Review: U.S.A. Truck

• Updated: Sat, August 10, 2013

• Reported By: Cliftonofbuffalobayou — Bandera Texas
U.S.A. Truck
3200 industrial park dr. Van buren, ark van buren , Arkansas USA

U.S.A. Truck Past driver USA truck falsely filed claims against van buren Arkansas

*Author of original report: THESE Y**Ks...Low Life People Will Take Great Pleasure To Screw You In Every Way They Can...Just because they can...

I would like to take this opportunity to provide information regarding the three accidents that U.S.A. Truck put on my DAC Report.

1.  The accident USA claimed was a sideswipe.   I was in safety for bending a wheel not for sideswiping.  One late afternoon up on I 35 South of Waco three tractor trailers crashed.  I had already been driving all day when this happened. [continued below]....
..... The interstate ground to a dead stop for six hours. I sat there until I was well out of hours to drive. Traffic was rerouted to a road not suitable for tractor-trailers.  Concrete barriers blocked the exit ramp and were moved to allow traffic to pass.  They were not aligned.  It was pitch dark, I was tired and out of hours.  I was desperately looking for a place to shut it down when I noticed an offset concrete barrier while driving through the detour.  As cautiously as I could, I moved the tractor around that protruding concrete barrier, but my rear trailer wheel clipped it, and that wheel bent.

2. At a truck stop in New York; I backed into a trailer. I pulled into the truck stop shortly after 9pm. The truck stop was not lit up very well. His trailer was parked four foot over into my parking space. I bumped his trailer, but I did not bump it any harder than you would bump a dock. We both agreed there was no damage. This guy was an owner operator, and sometime in the middle of the night; he comes knocking on my door.  Then he starts in trying to extort a $100.00 out of me.   I had a problem with that. I told this guy he might want to call local authorities and report it. I went back to bed. The next day I received a phone call from Safety. They asked me why I had not reported this accident. I explained to them; There was no damage, and I had been told by my U.S.A. trainer if there was no damage not to report it. They told me they thought the guy was trying to scam the company. I already knew he was trying to scam everybody.  I thought U.S.A. Truck would take care of this for me; Their own evaluation determined it was a scam. I paid weekly out of my check  for a legal plan, and I told them I wanted to fight this legally. ( He said it cost more to fight it than to pay for it.)

3.  In Boston  I backed into a narrow loading dock. I chipped a quarter size piece of paint off the fender of a local delivery truck. I was told by a dock worker the truck had been wrecked the day before. When I talked with Safety, and told them how the truck had been wrecked the day before, they were not interested  in that prior accident, or who told me about the accident. They got angry and said U.S.A Truck would surely be charged for the entire damages from both accidents. They could have easily pulled up an accident report on that truck with minimum legal expenses.

4.  The day before I got fired at U.S.A. Truck, I was in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma. I had been trying to get a load all day. Then at five o'clock I received a message to head for Dallas and pick up a load. It should have been pick up at three that afternoon. It was already running late. I arrived at the destination at 8pm, and I got a message stating the load had been canceled.  I waited around a couple hours; then I was told to head for

Ft. Worth and pick up a load there. Now I had been awake for 21 hours. Only two days before a message on QualComm from Corporate stated that driving while exhausted was equivalent to driving under the influence. Drivers were told not to drive when exhausted.  I picked up the load  at Ft. Worth, and it was seven hours late when dispatch gave it to me.  I headed out on my route, but I was getting too tired to drive. I pulled into a rest stop at Oklahoma City, contacted dispatch and told them I had to sleep for a couple of hours. The next day the dispatcher told me to take the load back to Dallas , and go see Safety.  The Safety supervisor told me that I didn't need to be there that I had been cleared for the unreported accident so we called dispatch.  I was told then that I was fired for not reporting the accident which was over a month old back in New York.  The Safety supervisor said he was sorry.

In conclusion, I was not terminated for an unreported accident. I was terminated because a dispatcher failed to dispense two loads when received.

The dispatcher was covering his mistakes.  Through out my employment with U.S.A. Truck I did not accumulate even a $1000.00 of damage. I don't understand why the company would not try and save money on those two accidents which could have easily been fought. As a new driver I was unaware of U.S.A Trucks reputation. Over time I discovered they had an extremely high turn over rate and that DOT had canceled all their Pre-Pass privileges.  I firmly believe, the DAC report unfairly describes my ability to drive. I hope this defense of myself helps potential employers to get a better understanding of how easy a company can put inaccurate information on a DAC Report..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2013 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Truck/van-buren-Arkansas/USA-Truck-Past-driver-USA-truck-falsely-filed-claims-against-van-buren-Arkansas-1074673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U.S.A. Truck

AUTHOR: Cliftonofbuffalobayou - ()

A lotta things happened... too many to even begin to describe. Boil it all down though, and a driver can walk away with the understanding this company is perfectly capable of screwing up a lot, and guess who could be in the big middle of everything? YOU! And if by chance they are not real happy with you, and there could be a good chance of that; USA Truck will do all they can to destroy your reputation as a driver. They are Natoriuos Liars, and can be Extreemly Vengful. Hell! A skunk is a skunk 24/7.