Complaint Review: USA Voicemail - Orbit Telecom

• Reported By:Homosassa Florida
USA Voicemail - Orbit Telecom
www.usavoicemail.com Nationwide U.S.A.

USA Voicemail/Orbit Telecom rip-off! Florida Internet

I found unauthorized charges on my local phone bill from USA voicemail totaling $49.86 I called my local telephone company to dispute the charges, they said they would put a dispute in with USA but that I should call them to cancel anyway, I did so, being told they would honor my request and refund me a partial refund.

While on the phone with my local telephone company I was told that another Voice mail service was charging my local account, now Orbit Telecom was had charged my local phone account for $29.36, that's a total of $79.12 that I did not order or authorize! I have no use for these services, as I have voice mail with my local telephone company, as well as my cell phone.

I did some research on how these companies latch onto your accounts, I was told it is usually done when someone completes a survey, etc. I myself don't use these. Apparently my son did a survey and was unknowingly lured in. When I asked my local telephone company what I could do to prevent this in the future, they recommended they put a block on my phone, so that is what I did. I'm hoping this will stop these kind of intrusions!

Patricia
Homosassa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2004 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USA-Voicemail-Orbit-Telecom/nationwide/USA-VoicemailOrbit-Telecom-rip-off-Florida-Internet-113464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USA Voicemail - Orbit Telecom