Complaint Review: USAA Casualty Insurance Company

• Submitted: Tue, July 05, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, July 05, 2011

• Reported By: Janet — Lake City Florida USA
USAA Casualty Insurance Company
9800 Fredericksburg Road/POBox 33490 San Antonion, Texas United States of America

USAA Casualty Insurance Company Failure to settle accident claim San Antonion, Texas

On 5/28/11 a USAA insured rear ended my vehicle. The insured informed me, my passenger, two different sheriff's, and her insurance agent it was her fault because she was listening to a book on tape and talking on her cell phone so did not realize I was stopped at a red light at the time she drove up under my car. USAA sent me a letter acknowledging they were responsible for the repair cost. USAA strongly urged me to take my vehicle to their repair center for estimate and repair, which I did. I never received any phone calls or a copy of the estimate or proposal. Two weeks later I received a voice message from USAA. They had decided they were not going to repair my vehicle and were considering sending me a settlement amount of approximately $1,600. They wanted my title to be relinquished to them immediately and wanted the rental car returned immediately. I went and picked up my vehicle and persuaded the auto repair place to give me a copy of the estimate - which was greatly over estimated in work and cost. I took the vehicle to a local body shop and the work was estimated at $599. USAA has refused to acknowledge my existence, consider my counter offer or to settle. My vehicle is under full warranty and has an appraised value of approximately $7,000 and even according to their repair center is in excellent condition and well worth the cost of repair. USAA had intended to sell my car at auction or wholesale, making a very nice profit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2011 06:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA-Casualty-Insurance-Company/San-Antonion-Texas-78288/USAA-Casualty-Insurance-Company-Failure-to-settle-accident-claim-San-Antonion-Texas-749144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA Casualty Insurance Company