Complaint Review: USAA

• Updated: Thu, December 29, 2011

• Reported By: Andrew — Wilmington Delaware United States of America
USAA
14975 N IH 35, Suite 107 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

USAA Kimberly Newton Their insured hit me in an accident and they decided not to pay for the rental I needed to get to work! San Antonio, Texas

*Consumer Comment: It doesn't work that way

*Consumer Comment: Why don't you get this?

I am a carrier of Geico but I was hit by a USAA insurance carrier. The accident happened on the 9th and fault was not determined until the 18th, that being the USAA carrier.  I immediately got a rental car once fault was determined and kept it until I was able to get the car out of the shop which was the 30th.  I would have got the rental right away but was afraid there would be no fault determined and I would be stuck with the bill on top of my deductible.  USAA paid for the car only from the 18th until the 23rd because repairs were completed on the 23rd(started on the 14th). The way I see it they are making our pretty nicely here seeing as though they could have been paying from the 9th until the 23rd and I was only asking to pay from the 18th-30th, saving them two potential days.  I spoke to a supervisor at USAA and was hung up on after being told "I don't understand why you don't get this".  I just want to be written a check for the $227.00 I was promised and deserve.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2011 02:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA/San-Antonio-Texas-78154/USAA-Kimberly-Newton-Their-insured-hit-me-in-an-accident-and-they-decided-not-to-pay-for-t-815461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA

It doesn't work that way

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

There is an old saying "You snooze, you loose".

Had you actually gotten a rental the entire time your car was in the shop they should be obligated to pay for it.  But if you don't get it during all/part of the time you don't get some magic credit to use when you want.  So you not using a rental from the 9th to the 16th  means you just lost that time it does not give you a claim to have a rental from the 23rd to the 30th paid for.

Now, if you haven't signed any "settlement" yet you may try to see if you can get another $227 out of them for your "inconvenience", but don't count on it.

Why don't you get this?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

The way I see it they are making our pretty nicely here  "

The fact is that you're trying to get them to pay for a rental car duing a week in which your car had already been fixed.   Why were you still driving a rental a week after your car had been fixed?   Why should they pay for you to rent a car after your car had been fixed?   You're nuts if you think any insurance company would do that.

The company was obligated to pay for rental car expenses as long as your car was being fixed.  Period.  Once you have your car back, they're not obligated to pay for a rental (still can't figure out why you needed it).   This is very simple logic.  I just tried it out on my 12 yr. old nephew and he understands it.

I just want to be written a check for the $227.00 I was promised and deserve.  "

No one promised to pay for your rental car after your car was fixed.  You don't deserve anything.  Much like the folks at USAA  I don't understand how you don't get that.