Complaint Review: USAA

• Reported By: Mark R. Mortensen — Bulverde Texas
USAA
9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio TX 78288 San Antonio, Texas USA

USAA ATM took my cash deposit and refused to credit me $426! San Antonio Texas

*Author of original report: USAA makes good.

*Consumer Comment: What on Earth...

Today at approximately 12pm, I went to the USAA ATM located at 281/1000 oaks (USAA044). I attempted to deposit exactly $426 (Four $100, One $20, and Three $2 Bills) into the machine. The machine proceeded to take my money and tell me my transaction could not be processed and my money could not be returned! When I called in the USAA rep was very nice but told me it would take 3-5 days for someone to look into this. I am on a budgeted income and live paycheck to paycheck. I need MY money now as I have bills due. This is simply unacceptable! I placed MY money into the USAA ATM and it was literally for all intensive purposes stolen from me. Someone needs to look into this urgent matter immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA/San-Antonio-Texas-78288/USAA-ATM-took-my-cash-deposit-and-refused-to-credit-me-426-San-Antonio-Texas-1060835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA

USAA makes good.

AUTHOR: Mark R. Mortensen - ()

Just to follow up USAA has made good on my deposit of $426. Even though the service time was not great, it was not a ripoff.

What on Earth...

AUTHOR: Starvros - ()

...possesed you to insert 2 dollar bills into an ATM? I understand it is US currency but really I have not even seen a 2 dollar bill in circulation since the early 1980s way before ATMs were even a glee in your daddies eye.  The bank will probably make good but you are going to have to be patient. You probably freaked the ATM out and now have to depend on some inept jackass to find those bills. For all they know you were inserting toilet paper into the machine.