Complaint Review: USAA

• Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: Al — Saint Augustine Florida USA
10750 McDermott Freeway San Antonio, Texas United States of America

USAA Deceptive Practices with Credit Card Payments San Antonio, Texas

Watch out Military members choosing USAA Credit Cards:  My latest tangle with USAA Credit Card Services was with Andrea in "Executive Resolutions".  I called on Tuesday June 14, 2011 to find out why my available credit did not reflect a recent $319.00 payment made on June 8, 2011 which cleared my local checking account on June 9, 2011.  I thought there was an error--but I was informed that my payment would not be credited to my Credit Card until Midnight June 16, 2011.

I was told that this practice of holding onto your payments for at least 7 days could and does happen to just about everyone.  Isn't that bank fraud?  It seems that in my case USAA used my $319 for whatever purposes they chose (maybe an executive lunch?).

Today, my available credit is what it should have been 7 days ago.  So watch out!  USAA is using payments to their own advantage instead of doing the ethical thing of crediting your account when the money is received.  By the way, no notice of this policy came my way and if you multiply my transaction by thousands of customers, what the heck kind of bank is that.

Even though their ads seem friendly, their financial people seem to be less than honest in favor of the bottom line.  Thanks for the bailout and riding on the backs of our military both veterans and active duty.  Just another injustice to the "common" people

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAA/San-Antonio-Texas-78288/USAA-Deceptive-Practices-with-Credit-Card-Payments-San-Antonio-Texas-741414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAA