Complaint Review: USABD INTERNET SOLUTIONS

• Submitted: Fri, January 23, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 23, 2009

• Reported By:Healdsburg California
USABD INTERNET SOLUTIONS
16133 Ventura Blvd. Encino, California U.S.A.

USABD INTERNET SOLUTIONS SCAM ARTISTS Encino California

I just got my AT&T bill today and I am steamed. When I went over the bill, I noticed an unauthorized charge of $49.95 from a company I have never heard of, called USABD Internet Solutions. I immediately contacted the company and was informed that my husband had supposedly authorized their internet services and they would send me an audio confirming the transaction (yeah, right!). When I informed them that I do all of the authorizing of advertisting services for our business, they insisted that it was my husband that had done so in this case.

I then informed USABD's representative that I had looked them up the internet before calling and discovered a large number of consumer complaints filed against them for consumer fraud. They, of course, indicated they were a legitimate company with many happy customers. When I insisted they cancel the service, I was given a confirmation number (probably phony) and was told that within minutes I would receive an email with a copy of the audio of my husband's voice authorizing the service (so far, no email - go figure!). They also indicated that it would take a couple of billing cycles for the charge to be removed from future bills.

When I got off the phone with USABD, I contacted AT&T, who was completely indifferent to my dilemma and unable to satisfactorily explain to me how a fraudulent company can attach its phony charges to my AT&T bill. They said they cannot block or control 3rd party billing on my account (great!). They also said they have never heard of USABD. After a lengthy discussion, they did agree to remove the charge from my bill and gave me a reference number for future problems, i.e. if the charge shows up again. Will have to wait until next month to see what happens.

Tip of the day: Always go over your bills and examine all charges before paying them. There are scam artists everywhere.

Ep
Healdsburg, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2009 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USABD-INTERNET-SOLUTIONS/Encino-California-91436/USABD-INTERNET-SOLUTIONS-SCAM-ARTISTS-Encino-California-415390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USABD INTERNET SOLUTIONS