Complaint Review: USABD Or Zipweb

USABD Or Zipweb
Encino, California United States of America

USABD Or Zipweb Sneaky sales tactics Encino California

*UPDATE Employee: Help us make things right

I changed phone companies for my business to ATT in November 2007. About 1 month later, end of December, I received a call from a guy who claimed to give me a free month trial on front page of Google. Also that I would be mailed a bill 30 days later, and could cancel the service. I reluctantly agreed but asked him to email me a confirmation. I never received any confirmation. He told me give it 7 to 10 days and I would see my business on front page of Google. I checked a couple times over the next month and could not find my business anywhere.

2 months later, I was Irate as to why ATT was charging me so much for my new service, until I noticed a line item of 49.95 USABD monthly fee. I called ATT and they claimed they had nothing to do with it. I contacted the phone number and spoke to not so friendly representative for the company. He told me I had agreed to the trial and the charges were legitimate. I told him I never signed anything, nor received any confirmation via email. I demanded a credit for at least 1 mo. and he firmly denied me. I asked to speak to his Supervisor,and he claimed he was the Supervisor. He said he would fax me something to cancel but I never received. I faxed them a request to cancel and finally they claimed to have cancel my service.

In summary, I find if very sneaky that they call the same time I change phone companies, claim to send me a bill,which I thought would come in a separate envelope, not a 1 line item on the back page of my phone bill, and on top of all that, it doenst appear my name was ever even on the first page of Google. I am not sure how a company like this can stay in business.

William Tustin, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2008 09:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USABD-Or-Zipweb/Encino-California/USABD-Or-Zipweb-Sneaky-sales-tactics-Encino-California-316796. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USABD Or Zipweb

Help us make things right

AUTHOR: Zipweb - (U.S.A.)

First, allow us to apologize for your negative experience. We are always surprised by this type of feedback, as it is virtually impossible to be charged for our service without being aware of it. We record every single sales call and then put each recording through a 2-stage quality control process. We then call the customer to confirm and explain our service, followed by e-mail and hard copy notifications prior to the first billing. A vast majority of the time, the human touch is a great thing, but occasionally human error may result. We invite you to contact our VP of Customer Relations at 1-800-222-5529 if you would like to discuss your specific issue. It is our sincere wish that every business benefits from our service, but if not, we at least strive to resolve all conflicts and misunderstandings.