Complaint Review: USABD - Zipweb

• Reported By:Costa Mesa California
USABD - Zipweb
16133 Ventura Blvd. Encino, California United States of America

USABD - Zipweb, deceptive means to get your money Encino California

This company contacted me in April and told me that I had been selected as "the featured photographers on Zipweb, Yahoo, AOL and MSN in my area next month". The girl asked a long series of questions that addressed how my free listing was going to appear. Obviously I cooperated, but after 3 minutes and supplying over 13 pieces of company information, she then notified me that the free listing was for just 30 days. Had she said this at the start, I would have declined entirely.

I was annoyed that they had acquired all this info under the false pretext that I was going to receive free Internet exposure. Instead she timed her company conditions for the end and announced the limitations. You may ask why did I cooperate? The reason was because she said they would contact me 3 times during the first month and mail me a package. None of these conditions were met. Nothing was mailed, nobody phoned, but I did receive a $49.95 charge on my phone bill.

I called and cancelled the service and asked for a full refund. They said that they would have to still charge one month. They would not compensate for the portion of the month that was delayed due to having to wait for my phone bill to be mailed to me.

I then asked for proof that my ad was run. I had to go direct to their website and found it to be very unprofessional and lacked a link to my website (this was part of the info they collected). I also clicked on the phone symbol and nothing happened. I could find no evidence that this listing gave me AOL, MSN or Yahoo exposure. In my opinion, this "free featured" listing was designed to do one thing only... collect $49.95 from my phone bill.

I am very dissatisfied with this company! Also See report 316796

Scammed Costa Mesa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2008 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USABD-Zipweb/Encino-California-91436/USABD-Zipweb-deceptive-means-to-get-your-money-Encino-California-345977. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USABD - Zipweb