Complaint Review: USABD

• Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:San Jose California
USABD
usabd.net Nationwide U.S.A.

USABD, USA Business Directory Suddenly I'm being invoiced for something I didn't order! Nationwide

I received my AT&T bill and discovered two $49.95 charges for a USABD Internet Solution Monthly Fee.

I went online and discovered that I was being billed for priority placement or something like that - which we NEVER care about because we're a local firm and we couldn't care less about internet advertising...the website enables potential clients to find out more about us without having to call us.

So, I called the number provided and told them to cancel our service and that I wasn't going to be paying the bill. I was put on hold for awhile and then the rep came back on and gave me a confirmation number of the cancellation.

We'll see if it 'takes' or if I have to keep complaining.

Although this is the first time this particular company has done this, it isn't the first time a scam like this has happened regarding advertising in some directory, whether online or paper.

If you get a call from someone you suspect is a marketeer, then don't answer his/her questions (such as: 'is your name Mr. John Doe?') with a firm 'yes', always answer with 'that's my name' or 'that's our address' so that they cannot use those 'yes' answers to try and trap you in the future ... like they did me.

Holly
San Jose, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USABD/nationwide/USABD-USA-Business-Directory-Suddenly-Im-being-invoiced-for-something-I-didnt-order-Na-386014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USABD