Complaint Review: USAIRWAYS

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2007

• Reported By:Manitou Springs Colorado
USAIRWAYS
4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd. Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

USAIRWAYS Charged Credit Card After Online Booking Declined Reservation 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd.Phoenix Arizona

On Jan 25, 2007 I attempted to make 4 airline reservations via USAIR's online reservation system. I attempted 4 times to make this reservation and each time the online reservation system replied that it could not process request and to try again. After the 4th failed attempt I called the 800 reservation number and was transferred to the International Division where a young lady said she showed no reservation for me but that she could go ahead and make the reservation for me.

After about an hour on the phone with her she said the cheapest flight would be approx $4500.00 for the 4 tickets, in which I informed her that was to much and declined to accept.

So the next morning I made a reservation on United Air for the flight to Puerto Rico, knowing that my attempted reservations had failed. United immediately informed me the reservation had been accepted and issued me a confirmation number via email.

This morning I got my billing statement from my credit card company and the charges that the USAIR online reservation system informed me was not accepted -- have appeared.

I called USAIRWAYS this morning, first customer service and talked to Virena and she informed me I had a reservation and I informed her it was not accepted online and this was the first I heard about any confirmation, and that the online system had not accepted the reservation, and that's why I called her. She insisted on giving me a confirmation number, she then transferred me to International and a very rude supervisor Ed #5CS told me tough, that it was my responsibility to check reservations and that I would be charged, and would not listen to my story of the system not accepting my credit card.

I did not make a reservation at USAIR as all attempts to do so were truncated by their system.

Herbert
Manitou Springs, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAIRWAYS/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/USAIRWAYS-Charged-Credit-Card-After-Online-Booking-Declined-Reservation-4000-E-Sky-Harbor-237597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAIRWAYS