Complaint Review: USAMail1

• Submitted: Tue, October 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Alexis — New York New York Canada
USAMail1

USAMail1 USZoom Freight forwarder accepts packages for international customers and never forwards them to end-user, Internet

*Author of original report: Issue resolved

I was looking for a mail forwarder service from US to Canada. I found this site and decided to give it a try. I signed up on September 27. The company immediately charged my VISA $9.99 for the initial sign up. I was then sent a form (UPS or Customs Form 1583) by an automated service for the company which required me to provide personal details for the shipping as well as a copy of my passport. The form looked legal and I had filled it out and sent back to the company the next day, Sept 28. The company stated that they will respond the next day.

To date, I have not heard back from anyone nor do I know what happened to my personal data. I tried to call the company numerous times but nobody answers the phone at the company number. Unfortunately, I had a shipment that I had already shipped to the address (they have a next-day response policy as per website) and which was delivered to the company dock today, Oct 2. According to UPS, someone from the company has actually signed for the package.

I tried to call them 5 times today, Oct 2, and no answer. I have sent 2 follow up emails since and still no response. I checked on the internet and noticed a few postings from international customers that have also been scammed by this same company. This has been going on since 2008 and someone from the FBI needs to look into this. The fact that they are collecting personal data is of major concern, particularly passport copies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAMail1/internet/USAMail1-USZoom-Freight-forwarder-accepts-packages-for-international-customers-and-never-f-949717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAMail1

Issue resolved

AUTHOR: Alexis - (Canada)

After numerous attempts to contact the mentioned company, I finally received a response this afternoon via email.  Furthermore, someone actually answered the business telephone number and helped me to resolve my issue.  This matter is now resolved. Thank you.