Complaint Review: USAshoppingclub.com - USA SHOPPING CLUB

• Reported By:Penacook New Hampshire
USAshoppingclub.com - USA SHOPPING CLUB
usashoppingclub.com Internet U.S.A.

USAshoppingclub.com - USA SHOPPING CLUB CREDIT CARD IS A RIP OFF Internet

When I went online to check out the "shopping site" for my promised USA shopping club card, I came accross this website and was horrified to find out that this club is a ripoff. On Jan 12 I also paid $149 for my processing fee.

I had not received a card, so I called the company today (Jan 31) and they told me exactly what was apparantly told to over 500 others, that they would be sending me my card and $150 credit towards my shopping account to use towards my credit purchases.

They also said that the items in RED had to be paid for and could not be "charged" on my card, but only the amounts in BLACK. Fortunately for me, my account happened to be overdrawn when they first tried to withdraw the $149, so it was charged back to me, and I had to pay a bank fee.

However, they told me today, that they will attempt to withdraw it again on Feb 3rd. Thanks to your site, I will be going to my bIank tomorrow to report this fraud, and make sure they are unable to debit my account. I also plan to close my account as recomended.

It is unfortunate because I have direct deposit, and this will be a hassel, but I do not want them or anyone they may give my account # to, to be able to rip me off again. This was the first time I have ever applied for one of these. It will be the last. It was an attempt to reestablish my already crappy credit. Thanks all!

I also applied for another card with a similar MO, shopping.optimumplatinum.com with a $179 fee. I have not yet seen anything on this company on your site, however, I plan to contact my bank regarding getting my money back now, before it is too late. Thanks!

April
Penacook, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2006 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USAshoppingclubcom-USA-SHOPPING-CLUB/internet/USAshoppingclubcom-USA-SHOPPING-CLUB-CREDIT-CARD-IS-A-RIP-OFF-Internet-174149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USAshoppingclub.com - USA SHOPPING CLUB