continually

• Submitted: Thu, January 27, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, January 27, 2005

• Reported By:Phillispburg New Jersey
USBI And Telliss
9093 Technology Drive Fishers, Indiana U.S.A.

USBI And Telliss ripoff scam fraudulent long distance and website access charges Fishers Indiana

I recently received my phone bill and noticed charges from USBI, which claimed that they were just the billing service for Telliss and if I need to dispute them, I needed to call Telliss. I called Telliss and asked them to remove these charges as there were not mine. They claimed that I had clicked on a Pop-Up which re-directed my service from my local ISP and phone company to a website in Sweden and click on a link to download some X rated material. I insisted that I have never click on any Pop-ups, nor visited any questionable sites. I was also not on the internet on the day in question. I also check my history, which showed no link to any X rated website for that alleged day.

I told them that they will never ever see a penny from me now or ever as I will not be duped by their scam. Readings on this website shows that I am not the only one they have attempted to scam.
I urge everyone that has been a victim to not pay them a dime but follow these steps;

a) Call your local phone company and have these charges removed.

b) Ask your phone company to put a password on your account so that international calls cannot be made without your permission

c) Block all 1010, 900, 700 and operator assisted calls.
If the offending company refuses to remove all charges, follow these steps;

d) Write to the district attorney of the state the company is located in.

e) File a report with the FCC.

f) File a report with the Board of Utilities of your state.

I have done steps (a) thru (d) and if Telliss does not remove these charges I will follow-up with the next 2 steps.

Good Luck to all of you.

Cris
Phillispburg, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2005 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI-And-Telliss/Fishers-Indiana-46038/USBI-And-Telliss-ripoff-scam-fraudulent-long-distance-and-website-access-charges-Fishers-I-129146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI And Telliss