Complaint Review: USBI - Mainstreet

• Submitted: Wed, April 26, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, April 26, 2006

• Reported By:Excelsior Springs Missouri
USBI - Mainstreet
200 Ithan Creek Ave Villanova, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

USBI - Mainstreet Telephone ripoff fraudulant charges Villanova Pennsylvania

I have been paying my local phone bill for quite some time without going over it with a fine tooth comb because I have been ill. To my shock, I had nearly $16.00 in charges billed to me by USBI as Mainstreet Telephone. I called them on my break (which ran over) to find out that I am paying for a prepaid card service. They can only tell me that I ordered it. I actually work for the phone company and receive concessions when I spend long distance charges. I would under no circumstances accept this when I basically get long distance for free. This includes calling card calls. I had to wait until I got off of work to call them back but they close at 5:00PM Eastern. There isn't enough time in my day and the fact that I am in the central time zone to speak with them to correct this. I was appauled to find out that I have put a 3rd party block, a collect call block, an international block and a PIC freeze on my account and I can still be charged erroneous charges without my consent. Unfortunately I have been paying this for a very, very long time. They canceled it today when I spoke with them briefly but refused to give me any adjustment whatsoever. I have filed a PUC complaint and intend on filing a complaint with the FCC and Better Business Bureau. Any other suggestions would be wonderful as I feel I have been duped and stolen from.

Excelsior Springs, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2006 03:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI-Mainstreet/Villanova-Pennsylvania-19085/USBI-Mainstreet-Telephone-ripoff-fraudulant-charges-Villanova-Pennsylvania-188750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI - Mainstreet