Complaint Review: USBI - One Call Comm

www.billview.com/usbi Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-4600556
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

USBI, One Call Comm. Charged us for allegedly accessing a website in the UK, but can't tell us which one? RIPOFF Internet

I was looking over my Verizon bill from January and noticed a charge from USBI on behalf of One Call Comm to the UK. I had no idea on what this company was so I decided to call. They told me it was for internet acess to one of the sites they had. I asked which one, I of course first suspected my husband had been "exploring" adult websites and "forgetting" to tell me. The woman said she couldnt tell me, it wasnt in there system.

So I called my husband ( he is deployed in Florida right now ) and gave him the worst chewing out he had had in a while. I come online to see what kind of stuff the company does and the only site I found was this one. I read how other people were going through the exact same thing and I re called USBI and they told me I would have to call my provider and they could tell me how to bring up the site it was from my computers memory.

Well, I have a system washing software that would have done away with anything like that. So I am gonna try it out, maybe this software isnt as affective as it says. Verizon says they are aware of the problem, even though I dont know what they are doing about it. I blocked 3rd party billing to prevent this from happening again. I dont know how they got my info to begin with.

Gouverneur, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2005 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI-One-Call-Comm/internet/USBI-One-Call-Comm-Charged-us-for-allegedly-accessing-a-website-in-the-UK-but-cant-tel-134052. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI - One Call Comm