Complaint Review: USBI

• Submitted: Tue, December 07, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 07, 2004

• Reported By:Depew New York
USBI
Don't Blue Bell, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

USBI Mainstreet Telephone rip-off! Fraud! Rude! Blue Bell Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Also file a complaint with FTC

USBI (Main Street Telephone)placed a charge of $15.14 on my November local phone bill. I called my local phone company as soon as I received my phone bill and was told they cannot discuss the charges with me and that I could have the charges removed from my phone bill and make USBI charge my direct. They also removed the option for any company in the future to be able to bill me on my phone bill.

I still called USBI and asked what the bill was for. I was told it was for a 200 minute calling card that I had ordered on www.payforless.com (I tried going there on my computer later and the web site doesn't exist). When I asked who authorized USBI to bill me for anything the customer service rep (she wouldn't give me her name) said that I didn't know what I was talking about....I was not talking to USBI. When I asked if I had called 1-800-460-0556 she said that was correct. I explained that it was listed on my phone bill as USBI. She repeated "You don't know what you are talking about" and hung up on me.

I called back and Anthony answered the phone I...I explained everything again and asked to speak with a supervisor regarding this bill and he said the supervisor (named: "Agent #1") was unavailable at the moment but he (Anthony) would be glad to cancel the charges for me. I asked Anthony to have his supervisor call me and was told that they are not allowed to make outgoing calls. When I asked for a confirmation number regarding the charges being removed Anthony hung up on me.

I tried to filed a complaint with my local telephone company, they sid they couldn't do anything about it but I could contact the FCC to fole a complaint. I contact the FCC via e-mail and filed a complaint.

Alina
Depew, New York
U.S.A

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2004 12:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI/Blue-Bell-Pennsylvania-19422/USBI-Mainstreet-Telephone-rip-off-Fraud-Rude-Blue-Bell-Pennsylvania-121683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Peter - (U.S.A.)

USBI is part of Billing Sevices Group (now HDd 2700 Patriot Blvd, Glenview, IL 60025). They comprise Billing Concepts, Inc dba USBI, ZPDI, ESBI, ACi Billing Services, OAN and Avery.

These are all owned by a private equity fund called ABRY Parners, LLC, 111 Huntington Ave., Boston, MA 02199 (www.abry.com).

By filing with FTC info goes into the database (Sentinel) which is accessed by police forces and govt agencies.

Their cust service reps are told to play hardball - they hope it'll make people go away. Play hardball back. Call and say you suspect fraud and violations of the FTC Act, ask for head office address for the FTC complaint.

#2 Consumer Suggestion