Complaint Review: USBI

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:El Paso Texas
USBI
http://www.billview.com/usbi/index.htm Coral Springs, Florida U.S.A.

USBI - TeleUno Added themselves to my bill without my consent. Coral Springs Florida

I pay for my mother's phone bill. She is an older woman and speaks no English. Someone from USBI or TeleUno called her phone and asked if she wanted a free long distance card for Mother's Day. She said yes since she was told it was at no cost and it was a gift to her. All they asked her for was her date of birth. Needless to say, she never received the promised long distance card, and she felt pretty dumb about giving her birth date. Next thing you know, I look at my phone bill and it's doubled!! I have the land line through AT&T and about two years ago, I specifically asked that they don't allow ANY changes without MY consent so I placed a password on my account. AT&T failed to inform me that anyone else could make changes to my account so long as they weren't being routed directly through AT&T. This is FRAUD. Who knows how many elderly people out there are being taken advantage of.

I contacted USBI, which then routed me to TeleUno and they were of no help. All they did was cancel my unrequested service. Both service reps hung up on me when I asked to speak to their Supervisor b/c they were of no help. The only thing I could do to protect myself from long distance carriers was to sign up for one at no cost with AT&T. It would have helped if they had given me this information to begin with since I'm not the telephone company expert.

Anonymous
El Paso, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI/Coral-Springs-Florida/USBI-TeleUno-Added-themselves-to-my-bill-without-my-consent-Coral-Springs-Florida-342479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI