Complaint Review: USBI

• Submitted: Fri, July 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, July 22, 2005

• Reported By:San Antonio Texas
billview.com/usbi/ Internet U.S.A.

USBI Mainstreet Telephone Platinum Plan Ripoff I have SBC as my carrier. Got my bill in 7-21-05 with USBI Mainstreet Telephone Platinum Plan on it for a total of $14.90 cents San Antonio Internet

Got SBC Bill in yesterday, had a page from USBI in it for $14.90. It appears I got signed up involunatarily for the Mainstreet Telephone Platinum Plan. I called SBC to have the charges reversed, they said to call USBI. I did and someone actually answered the phone! He said the account was an online calling card service. It is 254 minutes at 4.5 cents per minute and it happened on July 6th. I said I didn't do it, who did? He said a person called Amber Mendoza - never heard of her. According to USBI, there is an internet site anyone can go to, enter a fraudalent name, a valid address and phone number (geesh, I better start shredding all the stuff with my phone number and address on it) and it would be billed to my SBC account.

I told him I wanted the charges reversed, he said to call SBC back and they will reverse the charges. USBI said they had terminated the account effective immediately.

I called SBC back, they temporarily reversed the charges back for the next 60 - 90 days, if USBI doesn't reverse them I have to pay it.

I asked SBC how to stop this activity. They said there is no way to do it except to change my home telephone number. I did that with SBC. Fortunately, SBC will change the number for free in cases of fraud like this.

Now, how are we going to stop people putting in a telephone and address and any old name, and running up innocent people's bills like this from the internet?

I doubt USBI will reverse the charges. I am glad it was only $14.90.

San Antonio, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2005 10:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI/internet/USBI-Mainstreet-Telephone-Platinum-Plan-Ripoff-I-have-SBC-as-my-carrier-Got-my-bill-in-7-150866. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI