Complaint Review: USBI

• Reported By:Coudersport Pennsylvania
USBI
www.billview.com/usbi Internet U.S.A.

USBI Unauthorized Recurirng Monthly Fee for VM Asst Internet

When I recieved my monthly phone bill from Verizon, I noticed an increase in the total normal. There was an $8.43 charge (7.95 + .48 taxes and fees) for a company called USBI for a service called Voicemail Assist. I had no idea what this was for.

When I called the number provided for billing questions 866-560-3992, I was given a brief description of the company and a statement that you had to sign up for it on the internet. Then I was given 2 options. One was to cancel the account, the other was for customer service. Although I wanted to cancel the service I also wanted to be sure I received a credit AND wanted to find out how I was signed up for this service. It was 6:30pm and customer service was closed.

After I found that it was related to the internet, I checked with my husband and 2 children. I also checked the history on their PCs to see if I could find evidence of visiting the site. No one new anything about it and nothing showed in the history.

I then noticed another number on the bill that said for USBI questions only 1-888 476-8724. I called it and received an agent in the Philippines. After trying to convince me that someone in my house did sign us up, but not being able to provide the email address of the person that did it, the agent agreed to cancel the account and credit the charges. However, she said it could take a couple of billing cycles. So, now I have to monitor this for 2-3 months. What a pain considering my household never signed up in the first place!

Aimee
Coudersport, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2009 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI/internet/USBI-Unauthorized-Recurirng-Monthly-Fee-for-VM-Asst-Internet-439216. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI