Complaint Review: USBI

• Updated: Fri, August 07, 2009

• Reported By:Oakland California
www.cheap2dial.com Nationwide U.S.A.

USBI Beware! AKA Cheap2Dial Read the fine print on your phone bill Nationwide

I looked at the details on my phone bill for the first time in months, and saw this strange charge from USBI of $17.00. I peeled back the pages in my file and saw similar charges have been charged my account the last 5 months. I called AT&T and they informed me that it was a 3rd party long distance company. "Strange," I thought. "I would never sign up for a new LD service."

A quick google search clarified what happened. In brief, this is a scam company. They get you or your child to sign up for a free gift card (or simply forge forms), at which time you've actually signed up for their service. They sent me a record of a form filled out with my son, and his age of "20", even though he is actually 13. He's never forged forms to my knowledge, and if he had, it never would be for a"Red Lobster gift card" because a) he has no idea what that is and b) he hates anything but pizza.

I pursued USBI, and after a long time on hold after receiving a copy of this "completed application" form via email, was transferred to a supervisor. He informed me that he could credit me - he just needs the precise dates that USBI invoiced AT&T.

I called AT&T to clarify, and hopefully excavate that information. They had one word:

They had never heard of such a thing.

Long story short, AT&T graciously bounced the $85+ charges back to USBI. Now I have to hope USBI actually stopped charging me. These guys are disgusting. If you've experienced this, go get 'em.

Oakland, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2009 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBI/nationwide/USBI-Beware-AKA-Cheap2Dial-Read-the-fine-print-on-your-phone-bill-Nationwide-477443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBI