Complaint Review: USBank

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2014

• Reported By: keencutter — Macon Georgia
USBank
Nationwide USA

USBank US Bank Charges $34 late fee for $3.45 interest on a cash purchase, 0ne day after due date! No recourse Chicago Nationwide

*Author of original report: The bill was paid in full. The entire balance due

*Consumer Comment: Grace Period

After 15 years as a customer, I'm quitting.  I purchased a cash transfer from WU for my dead girlfriend's son.  I paid my account balance many days before it was due.  I was told that interest is calculated daily and they can't tell me what I really owe so there is no way to pay your balance in full before the due date.  You can't win against this twisted Catch 22.  They tell me I owed $3.45.  In total on teh account. And, I was a day late paying so I now owe them $37.45.  No recourse, no appeal.  Customer "no" support was ridiculous in the extreme.

I will move all my business to USAA Savings Bank now.

I will not do business with these crooks, ever again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2014 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USBank/nationwide/USBank-US-Bank-Charges-34-late-fee-for-345-interest-on-a-cash-purchase-0ne-day-after-1160561. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USBank

The bill was paid in full. The entire balance due

AUTHOR: keencutter - ()

I couldn't give two **** about your sympathy.  I paid the entire balance that was due prior to the account number changing due to fraudulent activity.

Grace Period

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Not sure why you needed to mention your dead girlfriend unless you are thinking that it would gain you some "sympathy" points and give you an excuse to be late.

Credit cards do NOT have grace periods.  If the payment is due at 5PM and you pay it at 5:01 you are late and are assessed a late fee. Your problem is not the daily interest that ALL credit cards charge for Cash Advances, it is that fact that you paid it AFTER the due date.  Had you paid it on(or before) the due date you would have had no late fee or any additional interest.

Now, you say "but..but..but..I couldn't pay".  Buzz...wrong answer.  You see statements are mailed out 21 days before the due date.  On that statement it states what you owe and the due date.  If you paid that amount($3.45) on or before the due date that would have been the end of it.