rank

• Submitted: Mon, October 06, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 06, 2008

• Reported By:Hagerstown Maryland
USCreditrepair, ILD Teleservices
ILDTeleservices.com Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida U.S.A.

USCreditrepair, ILD Teleservices Bogus charge on Verizon bill Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

On our September phone bill, I found a charge from ILD Teleservices for something called USCREDITREPAIR for $9.99. I immediately called their 800 number and spoke with an agent. He informed me that this was a service to improve my credit rating and that I had signed up for it on the Internet a few days before.

I informed him that I did not sign up for any service and that this was a fraudulent charge. He read me the address he said was from the application. It WAS my address, but I informed him again that it was a bogus charge. He said he would cancel the charge and block the service from making any additional charges.

He provided a confirmation number and said it might take a couple of billing cycles for the credit to appear on my phone bill. He told me that if I did not make full payment to Verizon, including the bogus charge, I should inform them of the situation so that they do not hit me with a late payment charge. Since contacting a real person at Verizon is almost impossible, I will pay the full bill and watch my future statements.

I think they are hoping that people do not look their bills over carefully.

Ken
Hagerstown, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2008 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USCreditrepair-ILD-Teleservices/Ponte-Vedra-Beach-Florida/USCreditrepair-ILD-Teleservices-Bogus-charge-on-Verizon-bill-Ponte-Vedra-Beach-Florida-378818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USCreditrepair, ILD Teleservices