Complaint Review: USENET.NL

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: Jennifer — Houghton Lake Michigan United States of America

USENET.NL Total RIPOFF! Beware! Also - Help? Internet

I signed up for a "Free" 14 Day Trial of Usenet.nl (It cost a small amount charged to my account) because I was interested in checking out usenet again after a decade of not having used it.

Usenet.nl's program returns your search with total crap. I couldn't find anything I was looking for. At all. Even stuff that should be available everywhere wasn't available via them.

So after being seriously disappointed with their services, I uninstalled their software and went to cancel my account. My first few attempts were unsuccessful. I thought for sure something fishy was going on, so I emailed their customer service.

I received step-by-step directions, which I completed to perfection. Should have worked. Except it DIDN'T. Not only did my cancellation not go through, but the company tried to take 99 Euros (a hundred something dollars?!) out of my PayPal account!

I've since been back to the website. IT WILL NOT LET ME CANCEL MY ACCOUNT! It's still there!

And their customer service sent me an email today (which I will paste below) stating that they are going to send my bill to a "debt collector". LOL. Hilarious. Oh, and pay attention to the part where they automatically EXTENDED my contract without my knowledge or consent, and that's how they're rationalizing that I owe them this money.

I've researched this company now - there are SOOO many reports of them doing this to people.

For now I've blocked them from getting payment from my paypal account, which is the only payment info they had on me. Regardless, there's never the amount of money they want in there anyway.

So what do you do with a shady situation such as this? What would you do? I'm one of the lucky ones - what should all the other people who have had hundreds of dollars stolen by this "company" do?

According to our records, you cancelled on January 15 2013 after your contract had been extended. Cancelling after the contract was extended always means cancelling for the date at the end of the extended term as stated in your cancellation confirmation.

We are sorry to hear that you do not want to extend your contract with Usenet.nl.

You have signed up for our Usenet.nl free trial package on December 31 2012 and you have neither chosen any other package nor cancelled your contract. You also did not respond to our reminders that your contract was due for renewal.
According to the information concerning your right of revocation, which you accepted upon registration, the renewal of your contract was on January 15 2013.

Unfortunately, we subsequently cannot reverse the renewal of your contract. Please settle the outstanding payment otherwise this will result in an outstanding payment which will eventually be forwarded to our debt collectors office.

Thank you for your understanding.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USENETNL/internet/USENETNL-Total-RIPOFF-Beware-Also-Help-Internet-1004465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USENET.NL