Complaint Review: USPS Priority

• Reported By: velkins — Kennewick Washington United States of America
USPS Priority
3500 West Court Street Pasco, Washington United States of America

USPS Priority ervice Miss leading Advertising for services Pasco, Washington

I paid extra to have a package sent to my daughter who is currently located one state over from me by using Priority Mail  to mail her tickets to come home for the holidays.  The priority mail says delivery within two to three days.  I mailed the package wedness day 11/14/12 and it is only now going out for delivery Monday 11/19/12.  If I had not been concerned about getting the tickets to her in a timely maner I would have used standard mail and she would have received it within this same time frame.  When I called USPS to complain that my package took 5 rather than 2-3 days to get delivered, they tell me that priority mail only states it will attempt to deliver in 2-3 days and does not guarantee to deliver within that time frame.  If I want a guasrantee, then send express mail and get it their overnight.

This is very missleading, people pay extra to get priority service and end up getting standard service.  I saw nothing in their listing for priority mail that said that they would mearly try to get it there in 2-3 days, other wise I would have not use it.  If my daughter doesnot get her package today, she misses her flight and I'm out about $300.00 for her tickets and bus fare and will end up spending what time she with us for the holiday on the road.  It takes approximately 16 hours round trip both ways and we only have 5 days.

Even the receipt said the expected delivery date was  Friday 11/16/12.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 02:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USPS-Priority/Pasco-Washington-99301/USPS-Priority-ervice-Miss-leading-Advertising-for-services-Pasco-Washington-971448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USPS Priority