Complaint Review: USPets

• Updated: Thu, April 26, 2012

• Reported By: Zeke — Monroeville Pennsylvania United States of America
USPets

USPets Product Overcharge, Internet

On April 11, 2012, I placed an order with USpets.com for 4 bottles of Four Paws Pet Dental Tatar Remover (16 oz) for a total product cost of $26.00 ($6.50/bottle). USpets.com was offering a 15% discount at the time of my order, and the discount could be received by entering the coupon code "Spring15" in the space allotted for coupon codes.

The 15% discount amounted to $3.90 which was to be applied (subtracted) from my total bill at checkout. The shipping cost was a flat $5.00 (USPS),so the total order came to $26.00 + $5.00 -$3.90. Doing the very simple math, this means that my TOTAL COST = $27.10, and that is the exact charge which SHOULD have been made to my charge card. The ACTUAL CHARGE  to my account was $31.00.

Apparently, the 15% discount was never applied to my order, even though the ORDER CONFIRMATION SHEET, COMPILED BY USPETS.COM, DOES SHOW THE DISCOUNT, AND ALSO DOES SHOW THE TOTAL AMOUNT DUE AS $27.10, AND NOT  $31.00. I contacted USpets.com about the discrepancy, and they promised to credit my account in the exact amount of the overcharge ($3.90).

The USpets.com representative said that it might take as long as 1-3 days before the credit would appear on my account. It has now been EIGHT "BUSINESS" DAYS, and I have NOT received the credit which had been promised, and I have NOT received any communication, in any form, from USpets.com concerning this matter. It appears as if they just want to ignore the whole situation, in hopes that I'll just forget about the whole thing. After all, it is a rather small amount of money.

The amount of money involved is of little importance to me, but having a company overcharge me in the first place, claim to be sending me a refund in 1-3 days, and then failing to do so, really irritates me! I strongly advise any and all potential customers of USpets.com to TAKE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2012 11:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USPets/internet/USPets-Product-Overcharge-Internet-874239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USPets