• Report: #161974

• Updated: Tue, October 25, 2005

• Reported By:Meridian Mississippi
LAS VEGAS, Nevada U.S.A.

USSA Ripoff, Please be careful out there LAS VEGAS Nevada

My name is Elizabeth and I received a letter from USSA resembling some type of authentic certificate. It stated basically the same as everyone else that I have $3,700,300.00 located and documented in my name and I am in danger of immediate cancellation.

I am a single mom and my mind was just like everyone else thinking of things that I can do with the money. To make a long story short, I was on my way to work and I kept thinking, this is too good to be true; however, as I read I noticed that the company wanted me to send $20.00 cash, check, or money order. A reputable company would never ask for cash in the mail. There are several discrepancies that we need to look for in mail like this.

First of all, the address on the envelope that the letter came in was different from the address on the postage paid envelope. Secondly, there was not enough information about the company: no street address, no telephone number, not even a web site. These are little things that we need to look for. If a company contact you by mail without a verifiable street address and telephone number, it is not a company worth dealing with.

I am fortunate in that I did not send any money to these people and I thank God for giving me His wisdom. What troubles me the most about this situation is knowing that we can't trust "people". We have verify before we can partake in any type of business via the mail. It saddens me to know that cons (which is what these people are) has our mailing addresses and unfortunately, some of them have our bank information. Times are hard now and we need to start asking a lot of questions before engaging in business transactions. I will pray that everyone that has suffered because of this be compensated because we are living in times where people care about self. May God continue to bless you all and remember He has inifinite wisdom and doesn't mind sharing.

Meridian, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/25/2005 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USSA/LAS-VEGAS-Nevada-89193-8835/USSA-Ripoff-Please-be-careful-out-there-LAS-VEGAS-Nevada-161974. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USSA