Complaint Review: USell

• Submitted: Wed, February 06, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: Erin — Fort Wayne Indiana United States of America

USell Scam Artists , Internet

About 3 months ago, I broke my DROID phone. The screen shattered, and I couldn't do anything with it. I got a replacement cell phone and shortly thereafter, I saw a commercial for Usell.com. At the urging of my mother and my roommate, I decided to get a quote for the phone. They promised me $25. I accepted the offer, sent in a request for my envelope. About a week and a half later, I got the envelope and sent my phone in.

That was just after Christmas.

They sent me an email saying that because the only working thing on the phone was the home buttons, they were lowering the offer to $6, and I had the option to decline the offer and get my phoneback.When I declined, they told me that they were willing to throw in another $10, just to keep me happy. I accepted that. Well it's now February and I haven't seen hide or hair of the money.

I got a "friendly" reminder to rate my experience with usell.com. When I tried to log in to submit my information, I couldn't get in. They told me that my email address didn't exist, which is ridiculous because they were sending those emails to me. I'm pretty upset, and I honestly just want my money.

(I just want to take a second to point out that I noted the fact that my phone wasn't working at all. So the fact that they knew my phone was not in working condition and still offered me $25 and then tried to rescind the offer also makes me pretty angry.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/USell/internet/USell-Scam-Artists-Internet-1009999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on USell