Complaint Review: Ugly Duckling Aka Drive Time

• Submitted: Sat, August 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 09, 2008

• Reported By:Tucson Arizona
Ugly Duckling Aka Drive Time
Tucson Blvd Tucson, Arizona U.S.A.

Ugly Duckling - Drive Time Gross neglegence and fried the entire electrical system in 96 and still trying to collect Tucson Arizona

I purchased a geo tracker in 1999 and was given a point of sale repair order fo the A/C unit because it was not working properly. The fan motor kept blowing the fuse in the fuse box. So, I took it to their shop over 4 times and to two different mechanic shops and come to find out the only thing those people kept doing was putting a higher amp fuse in the fuse box. I only found this out when my lights didn't work anymore, the horn stopped working, I had no tail lights and so on. My husband started to check the vehicle out himself and he fouind a 30 amp fuse in a spot that was only meant for a 10 amp fuse. So, after the 30 amp fuse blew I could not drive my tracker anymore because it fried all wires throughout the car and almost caught on fire. Well I contacted Ugly Duckling about this and they could not find my point of sale repair order all of a sudden and refused to fix it. I still had the originial and told them if they didn't want to honor the originial contract and fix what was clearly their neglegence they were in breach of contract and therefore I didn't have to continue to pay them. They said they would take the vehicle. I told them if they did I would sue them for Breach of Contract. They left me alone for long time. Then when Drive Time took over they refiled the loss on my credit report and still refuse to take it off. I would sue but don't have the money anymore to do it.

Redemption seeker
Tucson, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2008 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ugly-Duckling-Aka-Drive-Time/Tucson-Arizona-85700/Ugly-Duckling-Drive-Time-Gross-neglegence-and-fried-the-entire-electrical-system-in-96-a-361223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ugly Duckling Aka Drive Time